Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[5 / 1 / ?]

No.1740562 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I need help finding stronger support for my thesis/confirming that my current support is adequate for The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger.

My thesis is that despite Holden's past in retrospect, he is still a failure and will never cease to be a failure.

My examples are as following
The merry-go-round depicts how Holden's life is on repeat and the future is no different than the past and he will continue to meet the same failures, as he has failed now four times in school and will continue to do so.

Phoebe Caufield never receives the brass ring from Holden, ergo he will never complete any task or achieve anything.

Those are the two supports I have I'm looking to one more and something I have in mind is how Holden can't hold a conversation with several characters he meets throughout the book and his attitudes towards them.

Thanks again for any responses I get /lit/ :]