Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[7 / 1 / ?]

No.1740635 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Anybody want to help me brainstorm a few theses?

I have to do them with a New Historicism leaning, and it has to be relatively well-known texts. I've been reading up on this all week, but I still don't think I "get" it. I understand you have to take into account the cultural and historical time period the work was written during and the author lived in, and also understand that history is subjective, but I just can't get any sort of thesis working in my head. It just seems like the same thing as Cultural Criticism to me, with I guess a little more historical/biographical leaning.

But anyway. I don't know. Would something like, the sexualization of young girls, as in Nabokov's Lolita, resulted from the popularization of certain well-known TV idols? Or would that be Cultural? I'm not too knowledgeable about history, so this is doubly difficult for me.