Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[2 / 1 / ?]

No.6404164 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Up to ep 33 and so far my views on the season..........meh.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it like 02, it's just that it's just......dissapointing. I mean, so far, the season is basically trying to repeat what made 02 and Frontier so disliked by fans:

1. Coming immediately after a darker and more mature season that tried to re-invent the franchise (Savers)

2. Way too campy and silly (They even have an episode about trying to make a Digimon laugh and one where they enter a cooking contest. And before you say "But in Adventure there was that episode where Joe and Matt worked at a resturant" in that episode, they were being forced into it, with Matt's loyalty to Joe being tested, and at the end beated up the Digimon running it)

3. Villains that are evil.....and just that. They aren't as cruel and cunning as Myotismon, as nightmarish as the D-Reaper, or as depraved and hateable as Kurata

4. Digimon with a new evolution gimmick that despite all the hype around them, are just going to become cannon fodder in future seasons (Armor and Spirit)

5. Bland rehashing of earlier plots and characters (Not to mention, Taiki is boring. He's a smart Tai and.....that's it. No distinctiveness, no major flaws. Even Davis/Daisuke had more of a personality)

7. Way too many useless side-characters (Taiki's friends are even left in the real world when he returns.)