Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[13 / 4 / ?]

No.6405104 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
In a realistic/western style mecha setting, with somewhat of an emhpasis on the realism (ignoring that mechs aren't practical and all that), what would you think about the idea that dedicated "intel" mechs are needed in the battlefield?
I'm talking about mechs that provide radar and enhanced targeting systems to others on the field; they all sort of "link up" to the radar mech's radar/targeting system. I'm thinking 2 types: one type hangs out on the outskirts of the battle, out of harm's way, and the other, a more heavily armored and armed type is in the fight with the assault guys.
Personally, I like the idea, but I'm just trying to see if it's justified and reasonable, rather than giving all mechs their own radar/mapping system. More room for weapons and armor.
I ask because even though I'm not much of a writer, I do like to dabble in creating settings and stuff.