Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[4 / 1 / ?]

No.6420947 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Might not get much discussion on this since it's kind of late (here anyway) and I've never seen it mentioned much before, but may as well try anyway. For those of you who have seen it, what are your thoughts on Zegapain? After seeing it on several /m/ recommendation lists and the wiki, I figured I'd give it a shot. Just finished it a few minutes ago.

I thought it was a pretty decent series. Even though the plot was more or less The Matrix with giant mechs, it was presented in an interesting enough manner. It started off a bit slow and they don't really start explaining things until about halfway through the show, but it did a nice job of creating an air of mystery that kept me watching. It also didn't come off as preachy as I thought it would given the subject and themes, and I never got the impression that it was trying too hard to be "deep".

Of course it had its flaws. Like said above, it takes a bit before the plot starts rolling, which will turn some people off, and at times the characters seem like they're being needlessly sneaky for little reason. In fact, a lot of problems between the characters could have been dealt with much earlier if someone would have just taken the time to explain things in a clear manner. The CGI also could have been a bit better, and some of the action scenes used repeated footage, which was rather notable at times.

But anyway, yeah, Zegapain. Nothing great, but a decent watch if you have the time. I'm kind of interested in the game, but since I can't read moon, I'll probably never get to play them anytime soon.