Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[2 / 0 / ?]

[1384279043] Naked Ambition

No.25101 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Naked ambition

Unknown model shoots to fame after starring in Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines music video

WHO THAT GIRL? Emily Ratajkowski is Esquire's Woman Of The Year. Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines music video was her big break.

Emily Ratajkowski who?

Here's something to jolt your memory - she was the naked bosomy brunette in Robin Thicke's saucy music video for Blurred Lines.

She was a nobody until she stripped for the raunchy video, putting her bosom and sexy pout on full display.

That steamy appearance was enough to earn the largely unknown UK-born American model Esquire's first Woman Of The Year title.

The results were announced over the weekend, with the 22-year-old model even thrashing Oscar-winning Hollywood actress Jennifer Lawrence with 64.6 per cent of the votes. (Seriously.)

Ratajkowski - the "J" is silent - won't be a low-lying beauty for long.

Since her appearance in that music video (MV), which has had more than 205 million views on YouTube, she has been making waves. She scored an ad campaign for clothing line Rag & Bone and a supporting role opposite Ben Affleck in the upcoming David Fincher thriller Gone Girl.

"I just shot with (photographer)  Bruce Weber for CR (a fashion magazine run by former Vogue Paris editor-in-chief Carine Roitfeld) and obviously things come with that kind of attention. I met with Karl Lagerfeld, and if you have those kind of connections, that takes you into that world and puts you on that level," she told Esquire in July, when asked if the video had opened up new opportunities.

It's only just the beginning - she is in talks with luxury brand Tom Ford and has apparently been offered a buffet of roles in both movies and TV shows.

Not bad for someone whose sizzling hot bod we recognise more than her name.

It seems like MV is the new virtual career launchpad these days.

It's a mixture of all the right ingredients (that helped her) - it was the collaboration between Robin Thicke and (US singer-producer) Pharrell Williams, the catchy song, as well as the concept of the video which was simple and funny. On her part, she stood out because of her beauty and personality.

It doesn't hurt when you ride on the popularity of someone already famous like Robin Thicke to become famous too.

Ratajkowski dipped her toe into the world of modelling at the age of 14 when she signed with Ford Models, hoping to break into acting as well.

In 2010, she left the University of California, Los Angeles after a year to pursue modelling full-time.

Blurred Lines, however, wasn't the first time Ratajkowski ditched her clothes.

She first did so in her breakout pictorial in Los Angeles erotica magazine Treats! in 2011.

And she might just wear her birthday suit all the way to the big screen.

"I'm not worried about nudity... I'd rather play a complex character who has a love scene than a stupid girl who's just a girl next door," she told The New York Times in an interview last week.

This girl clearly has big dreams for herself.

"Whether I'm talking about a perfume, a movie or an editorial, there's always a part of it that's me, but an equal part that's about the project. I want to be a brand," she said.

FIVE FACT ABOUT EMILY RATAJKOWSKI

1. She was born to an English professor mother and an art teacher father.

2. She signed with Ford Models at the age of 14 with the intention of becoming an actress.

3. She appeared in two episodes of Nickelodeon teen sitcom iCarly in 2010 as Tasha

4. Blurred Lines isn't the only music video she's appeared in. She was also in Maroon 5's Love Somebody, released in May.

5, She almost didn't appear in the music video for Blurred Lines. "On paper, it sounded pretty crazy. It was naked girl dancing around and we didn't know what it would actually turn out like," she told Rolling Stone last month.

STARS WHO GOT THEIR START IN MUSIC VIDEOS

COURTENEY COX, 49

Before she played bit roles on TV shows like As The World Turns, The Love Boat, Murder, He Wrote and Family Ties, Cox was the girl living every Bruce Springsteen fan's dream - in the msuic video for the 1984 hit Dancing In The Dark, she played a fan who was called up on stage to dance with the rocker. She went on to star in Friends, the Scream films and Cougar Town.

ELIJAH WOOD, 32

Frodo got his first big break at the tender age of 7, when he appeared in the music video for Paula Abdul's Forever Your Girl, directed by David Fincher (Seven, Fight Club, The Social Network). He went on to be much-lauded child actor in indie films before landing a role in The Lord Of The Rings film trilogy.

ALICIA SILVERSTONE, 37

She'd already won two MTV Movie Awards for playing a psychotic, dangerous teen in 1993 flick The Crush. But it was her appearance in not one, but three Aerosmith videos - Cryin' (with Stephen Dorff and Lost's Josh Holloway), Amazing and Crazy (with Steven Tyler's daughter Liv) - that got Silverstone cast in 1995's Clueless, the flick that made her a Hollywood A-lister.

EVA MENDES, 39

Before she became the stuff of Hollywood tabloids, Mendes was struggling in C-grade films like Children Of The Corn V: Fields of Terror and My Brother The Pig (which also starred a pre-Lost In Translation Scarlett Johansson). Mendes, however, was living the life in MTV-land, appearing in Pet Shop Boys' Se A Vida E (That's the way life is), Aerosmith's Hole In My Soul, and Will Smith's Miami.