Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[2 / 1 / ?]

Pakistan blast toll rises to 27

No.675023 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- The death toll in the bombing of a political gathering on Saturday has risen to 27 with more than 50 people wounded in the attack, according to an Associated Press report.

The attack, which is likely to raise fears about greater election violence in Pakistan, took place in the town of Charsada in Peshawar province between 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m.

"I only heard the blast and cries and then something hit me and I fell down," Waheed told The Associated Press from his hospital bed in nearby Peshawar.

Television footage from the blast site, located in the sprawling residence of a party activist, showed the meeting hall littered with bloodstained clothes, police caps and overturned chairs.

Policeman Mohammed Khan told Associated Press two policemen were among the dead, and several children had been killed or injured.

The attack came one day after a Scotland Yard report said former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto died when the force of a bomb blast slammed her head into an escape hatch on her SUV in December.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/02/10/pakistan.blast/index.html