Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[1 / 1 / ?]

The Battle of Los Angeles

No.685442 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
The supposed "battle" over Los Angeles in 1942, must be, a false raid on Los Angeles to test the readiness of American anti-aircraft weaponry, the public, and the possibility of Germans building aluminum airships. By testing out the new metal - duraluminum - against anti-aircraft shells, the military could determine what kind of bombardment would be required to take down a metal airship.

Reports of the airship glowing a brilliant "orange" would probably be the result of World War II era search lights having a more yellow-centred spectral distribution, and possibly the 4% of copper in the new aluminum alloy. Examination of the beam divergence of the search lights provide estimates that the unidentified target would be larger than 100 feet in length. The ZMC-2, the only metal airship, is 149 feet in length, and was supposedly decommissioned in 1941. In addition, the United States had the only source of Helium in high enough quantities to be used for an airship. This is the reason the Hindenberg exploded - because the Germans only had the option of using Hydrogen.

To date, no official report has been provided through Freedom of Information requests providing more insight on the incident.

This incident is a logical extension of US military planning when 2 days prior to this incident, a Japanese submarine managed to fire off 16 high explosive shells at an oil refinery in Santa Clara.

Please prove me wrong, and find me the remains of the ZMC-2. I understand you are not my personal army, but consider it a worthy mission in terms of discovering the truth behind the events of February 25th, 1942.

L0RDX3NU