Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[16 / 2 / ?]

No.689784 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So have you guys accepted that you'll never find someone, always be single, and never have sex? Or do you rather still trust to hope that maybe one day it'll all happen for you? There's no right answer, it just tells what kind of person you are. Personally, I can't handle hope anymore. I'm 27 and I've never so much as held hands with a girl. If it was supposed to happen for me, it would have already done so. I'm going to be alone for my entire life. It's going to be hard, there will be days when it will be almost unbearable. I will have to suffer through periods of absolute misery the likes of which no human should ever have to face. It'll be difficult but I'm strong enough to endure it. I also know that in all things there is a balance, and I do get something in return for my struggles. I get freedom, personal, emotional and financial. I am accountable to no one but myself. I get to make my own decisions without ever considering if they're acceptable to a partner. These are all good things to me.

For a lot of us here today, there's never going to be that beautiful wife waiting for us when we come home. There's never going to be those passionate nights of love making, there's never going to be a dinner at a nice restaurant with a date, there's never going to be that first kiss, that first time having sex. There's never going to be any of those things for some of us. And we will be lonely, and we will be sad some days, and we will face depression and we will face terrible odds. But we will endure. We are strong enough to endure and we will find a way to wake up every morning and do what has to be done.