Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[3 / 1 / ?]

/b/ is gone forever

No.691161 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So I know moot, we went to high school together and my little brother just about worships the guy and spends way too much time on 4chan. I was never into amime, becuase I am not a gigantic faggot, and i never really loloked at 4chan except for /ck/, but anyway last night i called moot because my brother wanted to know wtf was up and moot said we should come over to his parents house (he has a swanky appartment near the servers in downtown Dallas, but its not very big. Great building, though). So i got my little brother and a couple six packs of lone star and some kirins and went over. There was maybe a dozen people over and when we came in, moot who was drinking soup, told us 4chan was over and he wanted it to out like it started, without much fanfare. He said that he'd banked enough money from it (almost three million after taxes he said) and after the latest terrorist scare of 4chan origin this week he was afraid that he'd lose it to government fines or lawyers somehow and that he enough money for the rest of his life now anyway. Then he went on about how since 4chan got so big he didn't any time to have fun, but he didn't want to sell it and see his creation turned into corporate crap, so he just pulled the plug (he was a huge nirvana fan in highschool, so at least he didn't suck on a twelve gauge) before it got completely out of control. Then he talked to my brother about anime for like an hour. Apparently he was trying to get brought up to speed after missing out for a couple years. He said he is considering moving to Japan and writing or producing anime designed for western audiences and the the 4chan servers will be auctioned at the begining of next year and maybe the domain as well. My little brother was trying to show off or some shit and pounded one too many and puked on the kitchen floor so i threw him in the car and went home. Anyway, I thought you would want to know about this, so here it is.