Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[9 / 2 / ?]

No.268968 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
This might be a little ambitious of me, but the bike I am buying is approximately 7 miles from home. I don't have a car, so you can guess what I'm about to embark on.

I haven't ridden in years but walk a few miles every day. My calve muscles are humongous. I rode the bike a bit in the parking lot, and found it to be comfortable.

I can walk seven miles without a problem. Wikipedia says that biking uses no more energy than walking, is 99% efficient, and one can average 10-15 MPH. I figure this means I can do this.

There happens to be a biking lane that connects to a biking trail, then a pedestrian bridge over a river, and then into a park that turns into a biking trail the last 4 miles.

I figure I'm going to need water and time. I'll try not to push it and stay within two hours total for the trip. The only elevation the entire trip is up the bridge and over the river. The rest is flat and downhill.

What are your comments, suggestions, etc.?