Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[6 / 1 / ?]

No.270681 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi, /n/

I've never really posted here before, but I know alot of you guys are all about bikes, so I figure this is the place to go for some advice.

I'm moving to chicago and work is gonna be fairly close to home for me so I want to get a bike for the daily commute. I have no idea what to look for in a bike (haven't even ridden one in years, though I did ALOT when I was a kid) any suggestions? How much should I be expecting to pay for a decent bike?

Also, any tips and pointers for sharing the street with cars? I have to admit, the idea of riding in those little bike lanes on a busy street makes me nervous. Any advice would be appreciated... Like, for example, what do when a bike lane ends but the street keeps going? Plow ahead on the edge of the traffic lane? Get on the sidewalk? I don't wanna get hit by a car. =(