Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[7 / 0 / ?]

No.51441 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Deciding on new bike type, need some recommendations. I went from having a fitness/flat bar road bike (sold) a cruiser (stolen) and am now down to an old Bianchi singlespeed conversion. I like the Bianchi quite a bit, but it is slightly too small. I'm in a current financial situation that will allow me to sell the Bianchi and start fresh with a correct sized bike. I need opinions on what to buy. I don't have a car currently, so whatever it is will get quite a bit of use as a around town commuter. I'm also not into touring, but some 20+ mile rides will be common.

I'm torn between a vintage road bike (hard to find in my area), a Surly Crosscheck (exspensive, but have the ability to change from gearing to singlespeed if I wish) I could also get a prebuilt single/fixed (probably something from bikesdirect.) If that's the direction I want to go, I could also buy a new frame track type frame and move the parts over from the Bianchi, upgrading as necessary.

I know this should be my decision, but I'm not sure and need some opinions.