Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[11 / 2 / ?]

No.4611956 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello /o/,
I lurk around here sometimes but this is probably my first time posting a thread.
I've recently come into the possession of this car (pic semi-related, it's not my car but the same model), and I'm looking to un-shit it. I've already gotten to work doing that; I replaced all the obvious little shit like the air filter, oil, window wipers, etc; cleaned the fuck out of the interior (shit was covered in ash); and fixed the leaks in the oil and radiator systems (both of which were stupid-as-fuck fixes: the oil filter was loose and leaking and the radiator overflow hose was just hanging loose and disconnected). Now in the course of these escapades I've come to realize that this is actually a pretty nice car. It's got a V6, FR layout, and it's pretty comfortable.
The thing I'm concerned about with it is the gas mileage. The thing is nearly two tons, and the 90s V6, though better than the v8, isn't exactly economical. Can /o/ point me in the direction of putting my car on a diet? There's a few thing's that can obviously be removed, like the trailer hookup thing I'll never, ever use and some left-over shit from the previous owner's amplifier and subwoofer, but I'm wondering what else can be cut off or replaced (cheaply?). Are there any modifications to the engine that will have a noticeable effect on my miles per gallon?
Also, if any of you are familiar with this type of car, how feasible is it to get a manual transmission in it? The 1995 model I have was never offered with a manual, but the engine/transmission has been the same since some time in the 80s when it did have the manual option.