Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[5 / 1 / ?]

No.4616440 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Alright /o/, I have a 1980 Corvette with a 5.7. This thing is a smog machine. The worst year for Corvettes ever.

So I'm taking all the smog bullshit off. I put a new Holley Street Dominator Intake on it, blocked off the egr and threw out the air pump. It still has the old boat anchor exhaust heads on it though, but I'm putting long tube headers on it here in the next week. The fucked up thing is, someone put better heads and a slightly hotter camshaft in it, but they did it back in like the 90's when e-check was still going on which is why they put all that emissions shit back on.

Anyway, I also topped it off with a new Holley 600cfm double pumper and spectre air filter. I just put brand new spark plugs and wires on it too.

Now here's the bullshit. The car seems slower than it was when it was all stock. It feels like my throttle is fucked up but I just messed with it and the spring is tight and there's no slack in the cable. This thing just don't wanna get up and go now. My whole power band seems to have gotten weaker. I'm thinking maybe when I pulled the distributer I fucked my timing up. But it idles fine with no backfires or smoke. Maybe it's those old exhaust headers that are seriously bottlenecking everything. My fuel pressure is pretty high too, but I don't think that would have that much of an effect on performance.

I'm maf /o/. Somebody read my wall of text and help me before I go shoot fireballs at this thing.