Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[3 / 1 / ?]

No.4617322 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey, /o/.

Just hoping for a little bit of help / backing to information I've found on forums.

I have a 2003 Alero coupe that's suffering its number of problems, and the most recent one I've decided to tackle are the power locks.

Using both the remote key and the power lock switches (on both driver and passenger), I can lock the car without any problem. The car also locks automatically when shifting in to drive from park. However, it will not unlock the doors via power locks.

It did work for a little while when I first bought the car (the poor thing has been through hell; previous driver was a mammoth of a man) and suddenly stopped.

When I try to use the remote, or either of the power lock toggles, all I get is a small, faint 'ch-chnk' sound from the driver side's fuse panel - there is no sound at all from either of the lock actuators.

I did some research on a few forums, where, while not describing this exact situation, the folks resolved it by replacing both the door (un)lock relays on the driver side fuse panel.

I'm in no way educated on the subject, so just wanted to doublecheck with you all before running off to buy the parts.