Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[14 / 3 / ?]

No.4635719 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /o/, I thought I'd ask your opinion on this.

I'm not a car guy, I'm slowly getting interested in this stuff and I've been doing a lot of research on the car I just bought. I purchased a 94 3KGT SL for 3.5K All of the forums and sites I look at for info are about the VR4. Did I get an alright deal for this? People talk about the VR4 and say anything else is garbage, but I assume they are racing/care about performance. I'm just a 19 year old kid who needs a car for work, and since my work has me driving all over I'd like a car that looks nice. I trust this guy but I'd just like /o/s opinion since I know nothing about cars, thanks. I won't be picking it up until a couple weeks and I didn't take any pictures, but here's the info I do know about it.

>Exterior is excellent, just a bit dirty. Needs a wash.
>Interior sucks, It's leather but it looks old. I care very little about it though.
>Supposedly the previous owner put over 1k into the sound system. I don't know the info on it but it sounds really nice.
>other little gadgets like radar detector and a Cd/dvd/ipod/GPS-in-one device. It's older (I can use a stylus or fingernail instead of my actual finger). Nice extras but it doesn't matter to me when purchasing.
>Automatic, I can't drive manual so it's not an option anyways.

My previous car was a 1993 Altima. It being my first car and no one teaching me about maintenance (I assumed it ran on unicorn farts) I totally destroyed it. I am now learning how to car.