Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!.EEeeEEEEE
[143 / 14 / ?]

!.EEeeEEEEE No.1232375 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
hey /p/ - guess what?!
I'M LOADED AGAIN!!! lol
so i'm gonna talk sone shit for a minute..

who HAS NOT sold their skills or photos?
or even had a shot published?

i know that a lot of you are capable of it.
some of the stuff i see here is really nice - i would hang it on a wall.
why aren't you guys doing anythig with the talent you have?

i know 5hoe, pskaught & photoshop are making money.
*probably others that i'm not thinking of right now*
they have some serious skills and are exempt from this crown royal induced babble.
but the rest of you (you know who you are) really need to do something besides personal projects & 365 stuff on flickr.

iv'e sold a few & had 1 published.
i know i need to make a decision about doing this for a living or keeping it a hobby... but some of you guys are a LOT younger than i am and have a chance to make a career out of taking photos.

listen- i'm kinda locked in to my shitstain of a life with a wife & kids and a business to run.. but a lot of you still have time to do something you love before you get stuck.

if you're 25 & under, have no major responsibilities & can deal well with people... fuckin do it.
stop working a shit job & eat some ramen for a couple months until you get in the groove.
seriously.
if i had started this seriously at 25, i would be a very happy man today.

i'm probably past the point of a 'career change'.
i'm old.
titanium knee, blown rotator cuff, bad back & just fuckin old.
you guys are young & have some talent.
make the most oif it before you end up sitting at a desk in a shittly little office 10 hours a day drinking crown royal wondering when you'll get a chance to take some fucking photos again.

please.. don't get old & realize its too late to do something you love.

alright- i'm done preaching.
night /p/.

*pic related- its my best friend.

<table class="exif" id="exif1302248706641" style="display:none;"><tbody><tr><td><b>Camera-Specific Properties:</b></td></tr><tr><td><b></b></td></tr><tr><td>Equipment Make</td><td>NIKON CORPORATION</td></tr><tr><td>Camera Model</td><td>NIKON D90</td></tr><tr><td>Camera Software</td><td>Adobe Photoshop CS5 Windows</td></tr><tr><td>Maximum Lens Aperture</td><td>f/1.7</td></tr><tr><td>Sensing Method</td><td>One-Chip Color Area</td></tr><tr><td>Color Filter Array Pattern</td><td>770</td></tr><tr><td>Focal Length (35mm Equiv)</td><td>75 mm</td></tr><tr><td><b></b></td></tr><tr><td><b>Image-Specific Properties:</b></td></tr><tr><td><b></b></td></tr><tr><td>Image Orientation</td><td>Top, Left-Hand</td></tr><tr><td>Horizontal Resolution</td><td>300 dpi</td></tr><tr><td>Vertical Resolution</td><td>300 dpi</td></tr><tr><td>Image Created</td><td>2010:11:17 22:28:45</td></tr><tr><td>Exposure Time</td><td>1/160 sec</td></tr><tr><td>F-Number</td><td>f/22.0</td></tr><tr><td>Exposure Program</td><td>Manual</td></tr><tr><td>ISO Speed Rating</td><td>200</td></tr><tr><td>Lens Aperture</td><td>f/22.0</td></tr><tr><td>Exposure Bias</td><td>0 EV</td></tr><tr><td>Subject Distance</td><td>0.84 m</td></tr><tr><td>Metering Mode</td><td>Spot</td></tr><tr><td>Light Source</td><td>Flash</td></tr><tr><td>Flash</td><td>No Flash</td></tr><tr><td>Focal Length</td><td>50.00 mm</td></tr><tr><td>Color Space Information</td><td>sRGB</td></tr><tr><td>Image Width</td><td>1000</td></tr><tr><td>Image Height</td><td>664</td></tr><tr><td>Rendering</td><td>Normal</td></tr><tr><td>Exposure Mode</td><td>Manual</td></tr><tr><td>White Balance</td><td>Manual</td></tr><tr><td>Scene Capture Type</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>Gain Control</td><td>None</td></tr><tr><td>Contrast</td><td>Normal</td></tr><tr><td>Saturation</td><td>Normal</td></tr><tr><td>Sharpness</td><td>Normal</td></tr><tr><td>Subject Distance Range</td><td>Unknown</td></tr><tr><td><b></b></td></tr></tbody></table>