Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[8 / 1 / ?]

No.1253044 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, I've been into photography for a little bit now. It's still a relatively new hobby of mine. I have a small little starter DSLR from canon thats OK but I think I'm ready to move on.

My question is, within a $1,500-2,500 price range, what would be the best bet for my money? I was quite interested in a Nikon D90 but since I'm willing to spend more than what it's worth I was also considering Canon EOS 7D.

Honestly, I'm still learning a lot about cameras in the way that they work. I'd keep my starter camera and keep learning but it only has 3 ISO settings (which each contain a lot of noise) and a very short aperture range... so it's not exactly easy for me to experiment.

If it helps, I'm highly into food photography. So if any of you can recommend maybe a nice lens to go with the camera you think would be best for the situation, then by all means don't hold back.

(P.S. Sorry if I said anything to offend anyone in this post... never been to /p/ before)