Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[5 / 1 / ?]

No.1254488 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Someone wants to sell me an unused Canon 430EX for $150. This is the original model, not Mk II.

Currently I have a T3i and a Yong Nuo YN468 which is not compatible in the hotshoe. I need to use wireless triggers with the speedlight in manual mode for it to work at all.

Neither flash has a plug in connection, so I won't be able to use both together without buying a second wireless trigger or a shoe adapter that accepts a plug. Looking at probably about another $20 there.

Being able to throw this on the camera and get the use of both proper metering and IR assisted auto focus is nice. I think I'm just frustrated that these things don't work on the offbrand flash since I already own it and it actually has more features than the older Canon.

What say you guys, /p/?

Also as an aside on this subject... if I were to get an IR flashlight would the camera be able to use that for autofocusing purposes or does it only look for IR to focus when a flash is attached?