Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[5 / 2 / ?]

No.1255880 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Sup /p/,
quick question: Are chromabs due to a correctional optic fixable?

Here's the thing.
I used Minolta X bodies and MD lenses for the past 25 years and as some of you may know, theses cameras had a much shorter lens to film distance.
Now I made the move to Nikon when I switched to digital and wanted to use my shitload of MD lenses on my digital Nikon, which didn't just mean "Buy a mechanical adapter" but also "Buy one with a correctional optic in it", basically it's a magnifying glass so I can focus to infinity.
The Problem is, I get horrible chromabs and I heard it was due to the bad optics that are used in such adapters.
Question #1: If I go to an optician and ask him to apply an anti-reflective coating to this lens (it's completely uncoated), will it solve the issue or at least make it a little better?
Question #2: If I find the exact specification of these old Minolta bodies so I can give an optician the exact amount of magnification needed, and if he in turn manufactures a lens that is made of good glass and is multi coated, will this fix it? Or is this a general issue with these adapters and even the best optic in the world couldn't solve it?