Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[5 / 1 / ?]

No.1256655 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /p/

I need some /adv/ but since it's camera related I feel like you guys would understand better. My girlfriend and I are saving up for a house and are planning to get married.. I am currently unemployed (my boss retired) and I am looking for work. I really want a new camera but refuse to spend any of our savings. I was talking to my mother about my photography (which is my passion and ONLY hobby) and she is willing to loan me $1,000 and let me pay her back in increments (obviously without any interest lol) but my girlfriend would NOT approve and would be very mad if she found out that 1: I hadn't told her and 2: I owe money to my parents because I wanted to buy a camera when we are trying to save.

What should I do? I love my girlfriend very much and I tell her everything but I know she wouldn't approve and I really want it.

inb4 betas trying to give alpha responses