Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!!kNKksjfYe0p
[19 / 0 / ?]

!!kNKksjfYe0p No.295296 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi /p/, being a tripfag today.

So I've been looking around, and from what I see, if I want to make money doing what I love (photography) I should probably get a formal education in Commercial/Advertising photography.

I live in Western NY, about 4 hour drive from RIT, and from what I understand, RIT has one of the best photography programs in the country.

I've already found that I could make an ok career at being a wedding photographer (my computer recently died, i only have things I backed up, I didn't save much from weddings, I hated them, I have some other shit I can post you guys can rag on me for)

Basically, I either take out student loans and go to a photography school, or I stay in this shit fuck town and die a nobody with nothing to show for it.

RIT is going to be about 13,000$ per semester, a Fancy photography school (brooks, NYIP, NESOP) is going to be upwards of 19,000$

It also seems like RIT has more of a solid reputation, too. I read about brooks being investigated for Fraud, and I dont know anybody who ever went to NESOP. RIT just seems more "legit"

Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas? Similar Situations?