Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[14 / 0 / ?]

No.297030 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Yo /p/,

I'm thinking about upgrading to a Canon 40D from my 400D, but only considering the following circumstances, please tell me what you think:

- I bought my camera last year, but it's clearly about to be discontinued. Soon it will be popularly deemed obsolete, but my target market is uneducated.
- Because of the 50D's release, 40D bodies are going for a relatively modest price ($850).
- Next semester, my class is taking a photography course, and as such a course requires of them the acquisition of an SLR camera, they're certainly looking for the cheapest option available; they just want to finish the course and continue, but they're also much like jews.
- Where I live, cameras are sold for twice their price (not even kidding), as there is some shipping and importing involved.
- I have 2 other lenses, a nifty fifty and a 28-75 F2.8

Because of these circumstances, then, I am considering selling my XTi camera along with the kit lens, a battery, a memory card, and a bag (originally a total value of around 650 bucks) for 550.

With that money a difference of 350 (plus extras), I could buy the 40D body, and stay with that for a few good years.

These are the features that interest me in the 40D, as opposed to my XTi: better ergonomics, metal body, greater durability and longer life expectancy, quieter shutter, better control layout, better viewfinder, and last but not least, fucking live view.