Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[2 / 0 / ?]

A New Camera

No.303889 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello. im not sure if ill be off topic since i want to ask a question rather than post pictures, but since its regarding photography, here it goes:

I like photography and i want to buy a camera for starting, but i need to get a small portable one for multiple reasons with most or all of this characteristics:

Reasonable Price: I cant afford more than 300s dollars on it, and that its pushing the limits.

Digital.

Reliability: last camera i had was a sony cybershot 6 mp. very good until the re tractor for the lens got broken...suddenly while using it, without any accident whatsoever....and less than an year after i bought it. Its been repaired twice since and i am not gonna repair it again.

Flash and Lighting: i need it to be reliable on dark or low light environments (parties, outside with minimum or no artificial lightning). so far i have found the canon to be the most thrustable ones on this aspect. But i also need it to be able to adjust itself on very iluminated situations (withfacing a light/sunlight or similar).

Movie: this is more optional, but if possible, it would be a nice one to have.

Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated. In the meantime as a token, here is a picture i took on San Juan, Puerto Rico. It was with a Cannon 3 mp, cant remember the model very well. That fortress is The Castillo San Felipe del Morro, in Old San Juan.

11Equipment MakeCanonCamera ModelCanon PowerShot A400Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.8Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color AreaLens Size5.91 - 13.19 mmFirmware VersionFirmware Version 1.00111Image OrientationTop, Left-HandHorizontal Resolution180 dpiVertical Resolution180 dpiImage Created2007:10:27 03:27:37Exposure Time1/320 secF-Numberf/3.8Lens Aperturef/3.8Exposure Bias0 EVFlashNo Flash, AutoFocal Length13.19 mmColor Space InformationsRGBImage Width2048Image Height1536RenderingNormalExposure ModeAutoScene Capture TypeStandardFocus TypeAutoMetering ModeEvaluativeISO Speed RatingAutoSharpnessNormalSaturationNormalContrastNormalShooting ModeFull AutoImage SizeLargeFocus ModeSingleDrive ModeSingleFlash ModeRed-Eye Reduction (Auto)Compression SettingSuperfineMacro ModeNormalSubject Distance19.810 mWhite BalanceAutoExposure Compensation3Sensor ISO Speed128Image Number118-18951