Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[4 / 1 / ?]

Cinema / Matryoshka limit / Science Fiction

No.2983147 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /sci/,
I'll have to write a thesis linking many subjects or making them revolve around one theme for the exam I'll take at the end of my school year.
Having the opportunity to choose whatever I like, I thought about cinema (a possible concept is "The worlds cinema can create"). I already have some good links (Art with Dalì's work, Philosophy with the Matrix and Italian with the Italian Neorealism).
I was wondering if I could get some scientific aspects in my work, so I came here in search of advice. I don't know if any of you have watched Synecdoche, New York (long story short, a drama writer wants to build a reproduction of New York inside a building, and again and again). I like the idea of using the matryoskya limit, or at least that concept. I guess it could be easily linked with physics, and the concept of "small".
Another resource could be the technology that's depicted in Science Fiction (I watched a lot of Star Trek when I was younger).
What's your opinion, /sci/?

Thanks in advance, and excuse me for my English!

tl;dr: info about the Matryoshka limit, compare Science Fiction to reality