Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[115 / 14 / ?]

No.4481201 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I’d like to bounce some thoughts off you sci and see what you think.

I am a chronic slacker. I procrastinate self-destructively. I have for years. In highschool I managed to slide by doing the minimum amount of work but even then it caused problems. Obviously doing the stuff I love is easy and I’m successful at it, but as soon as something is hard for me or isn’t immediately engaging for me I become evasive. I know that if I don’t buckle down and do the stuff that is hard for me I’ll never get better at it. Ultimately, I got into a pretty good college based on my essays, interviews and standardized test scores, but now my slacking is starting to cause real problems.

I’m not a defeatist. I believe in self improvement. I’m really an optimist. I’m generally happy. I believe that the world is an awesome place and I believe that I’m an awesome person. I know I can do better but I just can’t seem to muster the willpower for continuous, meticulous work. I’m becoming increasingly disappointed in myself for analyzing and bitching about my problems and not just fixing them. I’m such a wuss, god damn.