Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[172 / 48 / ?]

OFFICIAL 90s KID APPRECIATION THREAD

No.11928736 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Here's a toast to all my bros born in the mid to late 80s (protip: if you were actually born in the 90s you don't belong ITT). We've grown up through four decades, a new millenium and have seen society progress in new and exciting ways

We've had the best cartoons, best sports teams, best vidya, witnessed technology transform our lives at incredibly fast rates, had the first black president, witnessed 9/11, the rise and fall of al-qaeda, the death of many famous people, and the best childhoods.

We were around when cellphones didn't exist, and when they did. We do forget that we had to carry a few nickels, a dime and a quarter in the small pocket of jeans in case we had to make a call, this was our 'monthly plan'. In our wallets we had a sheet with 100 phone numbers on it, this was our 'contacts list'. We'd “Meet you there at 8:00” and we'd mean it. And if shit got boring here in the suburb of Atlanta, we'd hop on our bikes and go burn some shit in the woods... Life was simple, less complex and electronic than it is now. We never had a low battery and even if we did it wasn't a big deal. We had no social networking to speak of and anyone on our level would kill to go back to those times. I personally choose not to have any social networking bullshit, it's meaningless crap that I will someday regret.

All other generations, you jellymad?