Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[1 / 0 / ?]

[1379860780] Weight-Lifting

No.7478 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Online storm over pregnant weight-lifter

A mother-of-two has sparked a fierce debate after she posted pictures of herself lifting weights on Facebook.

Mrs Lea-Ann Ellison, 35, is two weeks away from giving birth, but she is working harder than ever, Huffington Post reported.

The debate began when Mrs Ellison posted on the website of a fitness company a picture of herself lifting a large weight.

The Los Angeles resident said she strongly believed that pregnancy was not an illness, but "a time to relish in your body's capabilities to kick ass", although this was a not a view shared by everyone, The Independent reported.

One Facebook user described the images as "sickening" and another argued that "weights" are fine, but this is just plain silly".

But many defended weight lifting when pregnant, with Carol Metzger Bolliger writing: "I'm six months pregnant with triplets and am still CrossFitting as much as I can!"

Responding to the comments, Mrs Ellison said: "I want to thank everyone for their kind and supportive responses! Haters will hate and it's okay. My life is not their life thank goodness! Lol! Again, thank you! It means so much to feel this much love from a community I adore."

Exercise is encouraged during pregnancy, said Dr. Siobhan Dolan, an obstetrician and gynaecologist. Mrs Ellison's routine is an extreme example, but most mums can benefit from aerobic activity and strength training before and after childbirth, she told abc15.com.