Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[3 / 0 / ?]

[1391371062] i got brain- i mean sound problems

No.25787 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Help, help... I'm dying...

I just fucking installed this piece of shit computer I got from a friend and the sound just refuses to work.

Either way, I just installed Windows 7 32-bits on this thing. The sound worked when Vista ran on it.

It quit working after the Win7 install. Anyway. I can't open the volume thingie, there's a red warning sign there. When I click it, the program mentions that shit is fucked and it can't get unfucked.
Additional information includes that there are NO PROBLEMS with the sound AT ALL, except that either Windows Audio or Audio End Point Builder aren't working.

GUESS WHAT.

So I checked the services. Windows Audio and Audio End Point Builder are working FINE!

What the fuck is this fucking sorcery! How the fuck is this fucking sound not working?

I've dicked with a lot of sound bullshit, but this is the first time I just don't get what the problem is. Unless I'm overlooking some massive problem. I just don't see what's wrong here. It just looks like my sound doesn't work for no good reason at all.

Additional information. For some reason my soundcard is in some quantum limbo where the computer says I have my drivers updated nicely, but my sound diagnostics tell me I have no sound card installed at all.