Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[10 / 0 / ?]

[1365390059] Doctor Who - The Rings of Akhaten

No.15026 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
THE RINGS OF AKHATEN

It is kind of funny to see The Doctor stalking children, and even their parents. I actually like this new creepy side to him.

I freaking LOVED the market. NEW aliens! LOTS of them! It actually FEELS like the universe is inhabited by more than just a new races!

...but magically the FRUIT here isn't very alien. As Clara can just take a bite out of it without getting sick, those flourescent things but be grown in England somewhere. (Don't eat fruits from other countries, children. Spending your vacation sitting on the toilet, isn't what your parents had in mind.)

The story is stable up to where the plot actually begins, but after the girl is getting kidnapped, the story begins to fall apart more and more.

The Doctor and Clara run off to buy a bike, because somehow they seem to have forgotten that they have an infinitely faster and more reliable mode of transportation in every way - one that can even get past such a bizarre thing as encrypted stone doors.

Apparently this vampire grandfather, is trapped inside a glass cage. Why? In case it starts sleepwalking? If the cage makes it unable to feed on souls, then why have it in the first place?

...and then we have the freaking stand-off. "Stay back! I'm armed! ...with a screwdriver!" What happened to talking? Tennants Doctor could talk his way out of any situation, and he never once said "Stay back! I'm armed!" and *meant* it, because that would require a firearm like *a gun*. ...and if the Eleventh Doctor insists on putting himself into these Tardis-less situations, where he can't think of any useful ideas, then I really recommend him getting one.

...but a Dragon Ball stand-off it is. Apparently the screwdriver now functions as some sort of magical energy repellant. "Why use brains, when I have this magical energy shield?"

...but this is so far only *fairly* stupid. What happens next, is that the Doctor has no freaking idea what to do about the actual "god", so he starts feeding the galaxy consuming entity things such as *forbidden knowledge*, because somehow that's a really smart idea.
The scene then turns into some sort of melancholic emotional word war, about how special things have special meanings, and how emotions can destroy suns. People sing, people cry, and the orchestra is loud. Bollocks.

...but wait, there's more! It all ends in something so stupid that I screamed out loud. This overfeeding is not only meant to *satiate* the entity, but also *destroy it*. At this point, an important part to remember, is that this entity is *A SUN*! ...as in "a sun that seven worlds depend upon to LIVE"!

We don't get to see the panic and the horrible, freezing fate that befalls the people on the rings, just because some stupid Doctor didn't like or understand their culture. Instead we just get to see him and Clara arriving safely at home. At this point it's like Hitler and Eva Braun smiling and smalltalking.