Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[4 / 0 / ?]

[1384918870] Preying On Angels

No.15567 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Preying on angels

Victoria's Secret models are hot property when it comes to actors, rock stars and athletes in the dating game

STUNNING:

Brazilian top model Gisele Bundchen wears a creation from the Colccl winter collection during the Sao Paulo Fashion Week in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on Thursday.

THE Victoria's Secret Fashion Show happens only once a year. So what do the famous VS models do with the rest of their time?

Date. A lot.

Generally, only actors, rock stars and athletes need apply to be a VS boyfriend or life partner. And boy, do they in spades.

While some prominent couplings have bitten the dust - Heidi Klum and British singer Seal, Miranda Kerr and British actor Orlando Bloom, Selita Ebanks and US host Nick Cannon - others are sprouting up in their place, just a day before the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 held in New York last Wednesday, US model Hilary Rhoda, 26, announced her engagement to former Canadian pro ice hockey player Sean Avery, making her the latest in a long line of power pairings.

Here are the rankings...

Model: Gisele Bundchen, 33 (Brazil)

Celebrity: Tom Brady, 36 (US)

Married since: February 2009 (dating since December 2006)

After her five-year relationship with Hollywood actor Leonardo DiCaprio ended in 2005, Bundchen was set up on a blind date with American football star Brady.

Although the relationship was thrown a curveball early on - the New England Patriots quarterback found out that his ex-girlfriend, US actress Bridget Moynaban, was pregnant after they broke up in early 2006-the couple now have two children, Benjamin, four, and Vivian, one.

Power score: 9/10 - Four years of marriage, two children and three houses around the world - these two look unstoppable. What's more, Bundchen is still the world's highest-paid supermodel, earning US$42 million (S$52.4 million) this past year.

Model: Behati Prinsloo, 24 (Namibia)

Celebrity: Adam Levine, 34 (US)

Dating since: May 2012

This newly-engaged couple - Levine popped the question in July - did not seem like they were going to last.

Prinsloo was the rebound girl for the frontman of pop-rock band Maroon 5 and mentor-judge of reality TV singing series The Voice, after his break-up with another VS model, Anne Vyalitsyna back in April 2012.

Less than two months later, Levine was spotted cosying up to Prinsloo in Hawaii. They broke up in March this year and Levine signed up for a spring fling with yet another VS girl, Danish Nina Agdal, 21, before he returned to Prinsloo. Their relationship has been stronger since then.

Power score: 7/10 - Levine will reportedly be named as People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive this week.

Model: Rosle Huntlngton-Whlteley, 26 (UK)

Celebrity: Jason Statham, 46 (UK)

Dating since: April 2010

Consider them UK's version of Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green - hot young girl together with rough-looking older man.

The pair went public at the Coachella festival in 2010. The Daily Mail has reported talk. of them being headed for splitsville but Huntington-Whiteley said in an interview to Elle magazine: "I feel at home wherever I am in the world because of him."

Power score: 7/10 - If they do get hitched, this couple will be good for People magazine covers about babies and family life. Huntington-Whiteley's acting career since her Transformers: Dark of the Moon debut has been nonexistent and actor Statham has never been able to crack the A-list.

Model: Lily Aldridge, 28 (US)

Celebrity: Caleb Followill, 31 (US)

Married since: May 2011 (dating since 2007)

The drama in this relationship has mostly been one-sided - the Kings of Lean frontman has, in the last few years, been responsible for cancelling gigs on the band's tour due to alcoholism and a poorly performing last record, 2010's Come Around Sundown. He has hinted, however, that his newfound sobriety has something to do with Dixie Pearl, the one-year-old girl he had with Aldridge.

"Now I'm trying to do something that makes my daughter proud," he told Rolling Stone recently.

Power score: 7/10 - They are no Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow, but Kings of Leon were once touted as the best rock band in the world, so there may be a chance to be true rock royalty yet.

Model: Toni Garrn, 21 (Germany)

Celebrity: Leonardo DiCaprio, 39 (US)

Dating since: May 2013

Sometime during this year's Cannes Film Festival, DiCaprio transitioned from partying with lots of girls to just one, the nearly two decades-younger Garrn. They jetsetted from Monaco to Venice to Versailles in the first few weeks of their relationship.

Power score: 6/10 - Garrn continues to make waves in the modelling industry, landing cover after coveted magazine cover, but it is unlikely she will be DiCaprio's squeeze for long, judging from his long history with VS models.

Model: Chanel Iman, 22 (US)

Celebrity: ASAP Rocky, 25 (US)

Dating since: Early 2013

The part Korean, part African-American model has been spotted smooching her rapper boyfriend everywhere recently - from New York Fashion Week to the MTV Video Music Awards.

Iman is so in love, she has been wearing her boyfriend's clothes and putting on metal grills in her teeth to match his dental work.

Power score: 6/10 - This young couple is adorable, and one can almost smell an engagement happening sooner or later. But despite her name, Iman and ASAP are no Iman and David Bowie.

Model: Hilary Rhoda, 26 (US)

Celebrity: Sean A very, 33 (Canada)

Dating since: 2010

This on-off couple are firmly back on now that professional ice hockey player-turned-PR man Avery has put a ring on it. They do seem perfect for each other. Rhoda has a thing for sportsmen - she has dated football player Mark Sanchez
- and Avery has been linked to other models and actresses, including Rachel Hunter and Elisha Cuthbert.

Power score: 5/10 - Keep holding your breath for the actual nuptials to happen as these two have reportedly broken up at least three times before.

DiCaprio - hunter extraordinaire

ON TARGET: Leonardo DICaprio, who is now 39, seems to try and get his VS girls when they're about 20 or 21 years old.

If the pool of Victoria's Secret models is a hunting ground for all manner of male celebrities, then Leonardo DICaprio is a hunter extraordinaire.

He has dated not one, not two, but four of them - Gisele Bundchen (2000-2005), Bar Refaeli (2005 to 2011), Erin Heatherton (2011 to 2012) and Toni Garrn (since May 2013).

The US actor, who is now 39, seems to try and get his VS girls when they're about 20 or 21 years old. With the exception of Heatherton, all his ex-es were those ages when he first dated them.

This trend may continue - the star himself has said he's unlikely to settle down any time soon.

"Six months of being on location. or being off in Morocco or someplace like that is not the best thing for a relationship," he told Esquire magazine in May. "I had better success meeting girls before Titanic. My interactions with them
didn't have all the stigma behind it, not to mention there wasn't a perception of her talking to me for only one reason."

Well, at least he doesn't have to worry about the competition for VS models any more.

His closest competitor, Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine. is about to be off the market.

Behati Prinsloo is the third VS girl he has dated - after long-term girlfriend, Russian Anne Vyalitsyna, and Danish Nina Agdal, his fling between breaking up and making up with Prinsloo this year.

Although he has been called a "professional dater of models" by entertainment site Popdust, Levine has always strained against that image.

"I think (the public) have a completely false idea of who I am, and I think that's great. I'd rather them think I'm this playboy sleazeball, or whatever they think I am - a ladies' man ... " he said in a 2007 interview.

Nothing like a wedding to keep those rumours at bay - as long as he stays true to his vows, that is.