Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[13 / 6 / ?]

Hive World Underhive/ Sump/ Ash Waste encounters for Rogue Trader?

No.14729522 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I tried posting this last night, but my computer was acting up on me. Hopefully I will have better luck today.

I am GMing an RT campaign. PCs are 4th level, nearly 5. They are currently on a hive world, helping their patron (an inquisitor), by acting as a diversion while the Inquisitor deals with some scary stuff.

The hive they are in- the Capitol, Hive Primus- erupts in violence from a genestealer cult. The battle goes poorly, and the PCs are unable to leave- the planetary govt is taking steps to isolate the cult, and is quarantining the entire planet, which means shooting down everything that lifts off. In a pre-emptive move, every dock on Hive Primus is struck by lances from defense platforms in orbit. They end up being forced downward into the deep parts of the Hive, as the cult erupted in the noble Spire sections and is quickly working its way downward like wildfire. When they reach the bottom, all is chaos.