Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[1 / 1 / ?]

Failing that, Legend of the Five Rings 4e general?

No.14731803 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
One of my friends just bought Emerald Empire, and he described to me the Techniques of the Shiba Artisan School. It's not *quite* on the level of 1e's Kakita Artisan, but it's still pretty crazy. He didn't mention any fluff, Trait bonus, starting Honor, starting Outfit, or Technique names, so I'll just describe the crunch of the Techniques.

Rank 1: Choose one Artisan Skill. When you spend a Void Point to gain a bonus to a Skill Roll using this Artisan Skill, you gain an additional +1k1 bonus.

Rank 2: Once per month, you can roll Artisan/Awareness at TN 15. If you succeed, you gain XP equal to the amount by which your result exceeded the TN.

Rank 3: Choose one Artisan Skill. You can use that Artisan Skill in place of any other Skill when making a Social Roll.

Rank 4: You can create a refreshing work of art to restore Void Points to yourself and your allies. (Friend didn't describe this in-depth, so I don't know how it works.)

Rank 5: Anyone who can see a work you have created with an Artisan Skill gains +1. (Friend didn't describe how this works for Void Ring or Void Points, all I know is that it's "+1 Void"). If you are present, you receive +2 Void instead, and you can designate any number of persons around you to not receive the +1 Void.

Crazy, huh? Example Artisan Skills in the core book are Bonsai, Gardening, Ikebana (floristy), Origami (paper folding), Poetry (writing and not delivery, I'm guessing), Sculpture, and Tattooing. I wonder how using Ikebana (floristry) in place of Courtier, Etiquette, Intimidation, or Temptation works.