Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[42 / 5 / ?]

No.14732519 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>That feel when you make you pick your class and race, roll your character up, make a good back story, get everything all set up.
>That feel when after the first game you completely hate your character and want to play something else.

I get this every time I play D&D. If I pick the beefy melee guy to protect my squishy friends because we have no big guys, it's a more skill-oriented game. If I pick a skill-based class, enjoy your combat oriented game. Also, everyone is better suited to the situation of the campaigns than you are.
Failing that, everyone else in your party is a dick-ass thief or whathaveyou, constantly hiding their evil acts that they constantly do from you, because you're good aligned. What's that? Nothing for you to do because the party went off to kill some good-aligned people for a quest, and you're good aligned? I hope you enjoy trying to find something because you don't want to break the forth wall.

Every time. Every god damned time, this happens. Is there some way I can cheat myself out of this without going "Yeah, uh, can I re-make?" and if there's no really big way I can kill myself without breaking the forth wall or going out of my way?

Also, D&D 3.5E thread, stories or anything appreciated.