Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[4 / 1 / ?]

No.14733852 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm going to be running a game soon where colonialism is having a major impact on the world. My knowledge of historical colonialism is pretty much restricted to that of the Americas, Cuba and the Indian subcontinent. The British rule of the latter seems like the best model for a colonial empire in a game, as it provides a lot of adventure seeds but open, major conflict only in times of revolution. Cuba is the best of those in terms of colonial integration, but doesn't have that militaristic vibe that can really bring tension into the game.

Does anyone have suggestions on what other areas of colonial history I should look at? I know there are a few people on /tg/ who consider themselves history buffs, and I thought they might have some advice on real world history to draw inspiration from, and themes to draw out in the game.