Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[4 / 1 / ?]

No.14734960 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, due to a certain circumstance my local group needs me to run a new game for them. The circumstance is that one of our players won't be in the area for a while and I'd rather not continue to run what I have been without him. Though, I do plan on trying out Kingmaker when he's back this Autumn.

So, in the mean time I was thinking about running a Wild ARMs themed BESM game. The setting's fairly good and BESM's a simple-enough system (The fellow that's heading out is the more experienced player and I'll likely be introducing someone completely new to tabletop gaming in this game) and I think it could handle something similar to Wild ARMs with very little trouble.

So, how 'bout some brainstorming, /tg/?

How could I make this an interesting and compelling game for my players?

Alternatively, I suppose it would be possible to make some changes to Aces & Eights, since it's already designed for a western sort of feel, but that system doesn't have anything built-in for magic.

Perhaps /tg/ could help me fit the shot-clock to BESM in some way?