Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[6 / 1 / ?]

No.14738737 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I bought about 50 VERY poorly painted platic spess mahreens off ebay (fairly cheap, too) in the hope of stripping the paint and reconsecrating in the name of the Emperor for my LGS as a 'teaching army.' I was worried about the paint stripping process, wondering what to use. Eventually I found a knock off brand Simple Green (apparenlty NO ONE around here sells the stuff) and I gave it a try using the old toothbrush trick.

Worked like a charm. Kind of.

While it is easy enough to remove the paint I can reach, there is a shitton that I cannot (reach). The bastard I bought them off glued the ENTIRE damn trigger arm to the torso, rather than just where they attach. I've already ruined half a dozen models already trying to remove the arms so I can get to the fucking chest (I'm a little OCD when it comes to painting: EVERYTHING has to be painted).

Anyone here have any good ideas on how to remove them? I've had marginal success with using a fine saw, but a lot of the torso gets eaten away and I don't think I'm good enough with GS to fill in what I remove.

Also, modelling GW stuff in general.