Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[65 / 15 / ?]

No.14741085 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
"Ooh man, what the fuck is that smell?"

The guy played Chaos Space Marines, a Plauge marines force. Devotees of Nurgle. To his credit, the army was painted really well. Outstanding rust and decay effect, pus and bile leaking out of the joints and eyes, the whole nine yards. As he pulled it out onto the table, people tried to get a good look at the display. But the smell. It was unholy. Some of us standing about the tables had to move away, utterly repulsed. We tried to be polite. We tried to keep a straight face. But he must've realised, what with the flies dropping dead out of the air. It was me, he looked at. He looked up, and gave me this big, wide, proud and shit-eating grin, and he told me:

"I'm trying to suit my army."

ITT: Events that make you hate your hobby.