Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[111 / 8 / ?]

No.14744045 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
/tg/, I'm getting a job this summer. Basic work, but it'll net me a couple hundred bucks a week. In light of my spiffy new funds, I want to start a small 40k army. I've been debating on army, since I'm a fan of a lot of them (and even if the fluff is shit from Ward, I do rather like the idea of Blood Angels as an assault army), but eventually made probably the stupidest call of the whole list. I, an utterly new player to this game, want to start a Dark Eldar army. I like the glass cannon aspects, and the models are awesome.

So, I want advice about this. Am I exceedingly stupid for picking Deldar, firstly? What size army can I toss together for about $200? What would be smart purchases for this, in light of the tactics I should probably do? I'm thinking a going as vanilla as Deldar get, and load up on Kabalite warriors. I like their look.

Also general Dark Eldar thread, since my questions can probably be answered in one post with minimal thought.