Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[14 / 4 / ?]

No.14745405 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
i've got a problem in my 3.5 game.

i play a summoner. once upon a time, i was half of the party's damage dealing contingent. other half is a extraordinarily well geared fighter. the rest of the party is just support (buffs, heals, interference, etc). now, the fighter keeps getting gear donated from the entire party, and as a result is so butch at the moment that the DM has resorted to having us fight large-or-larger enemies with ACs in the mid 30s just so the fighter can't 1-shot them. this makes my summons nearly useless, so i end up just buffing the fighter or trying to harass enemy casters. i'm a summoner, i've invested in being one. if i wanted to do save-or-fails or buff people, i'd have rolled myself differently.

so, i can summon enormous crap to grapple, but most fights happen in cramped spaces, in the air, etc. also, since we fight large to huge sized stuff, grappling isn't a sure thing. and my smaller summons can't hit worth shit, i can't even hit on the round i summon them when shit is flat-footed, since they have mostly nat-ac and armor.

what do? i'm already specced hard for summoning, with all the expected feats already. how can i raise my summon's potency (besides taking leadership and making a bard).