Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!f1v85QnTcU
[4 / 1 / ?]

!f1v85QnTcU No.14745969 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, basically, I need to know some stuff.
I've been running an online AFMBE game, and one of the first deaths has happened. It wasn't really planned to be a survivalist erryone's goan die every other session, so this was kind of significant.

Basically, it had been mostly freeroaming etc rollin' around at the speed of sound and after some feedback I decided to give them something to do that was moderately structured and they ended up more or less deciding to check out some stuff about two missing people.
I'm not going to reveal my actual plan since at least one of them is probably on /tg/ right now, but basically, one of the players (who was unliked sorely by another character) for some reason decides it must have been highwaymen. He passes a check on local shit and I tell him that highwaymen aren't something that pop up every other mile, but when they do pop up they're to the east. (game is set in NYC) Now, player 1 has no idea if highwaymen are what actually caused these two people to disappear, has no leads on where they might have went, and only checked out their still normal living quarters. He decides he's going to roll east with some army guys that the players had saved earlier, and none of the other players want to start shit with gangbangers or whatever when they have no proof. Hell, I'm still not sure if the others actually still want to look for them. Anyway, player 1 ends up getting ambushed by what I was sure was a fairly reasonable combat encounter. 10 "Highwaymen", they were basically just baseline humans without bulletproof vests, with pretty boring, bog standard firearms, and the player has 5 soldiers to back him up, and he alone should be able to kill a good number of them.

This does not go well.