Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[24 / 4 / ?]

No.14747197 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
All right /tg/ I need some help.

Some buddies and I are starting up a D&D 4e Campaign. We've been running one-shots for a few weeks now, rotating roles and trying to find who would be a good dm and what classes we like. Most of us are new to D&D and pretty much to tabletop games in general. Everyone has pretty much caught on to the rules and understands the game except for (from what I've gathered from lurking) "That Guy". So far here is our group make up

DM - Knows the game pretty well.

Me - Fighter - I like tanking.

Skinny kid - Druid - new to dnd. Is catching on quick

The Veteran - Cleric - knows what he is doing. Has played many times before

Asian - *not sure yet* - not sure what he is going to pick yet, but he favors strikers (Martial Strikers)

And then we come to "That Guy". He seems to get the idea of the game, understands combat after we prompt him along, and we are REALLY trying to get him to roleplay. We've decided to try and find the role with the least amount of responsibilities for him.