Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[14 / 4 / ?]

No.14747966 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
ITT Thread Epic tales of your deeds in D&D or Other Role Playing games

>Playing a human dragon slayer. We fight a huge red dragon, it's slowly murdering the whole party. I approach and swing, while drawing a climbing piton in the other hand. I survive to the next round and use the Hammer & Piton (Weapon Style) feat to climb onto the dragon's back. It flees high into the sky. Hard climb checks every where. I pass em all and manage to hang on long enough for it to level out. Thinking I've fallen off it goes to breath weapon the few party members left. They manage to survive while I gain my footing and start swinging my maul violently. I manage to drop it unconcious. Panic as we start to fall. Make an impossible use rope to quickly rig up an odd system of ropes. Try to guide the dragon to the ground with said rope system. Go into nose end spiral. Panic even more. Dragon and I smash into the ground, DM rolls 106 d6. I smile wide as I take 200 some odd damage. I'm going to be at negitive -97. Clear my throat, "I'm declaring to use my once per day/ fearless destiny. I'm reduced to -9 and stablize." Everyone stares at me before huge bursts of laughter and joy. I clear my throat again. "Since I have die hard, I'm going to stand up, dust myself off and take a swig of that dragon-fire brandy I've been saving. After a quick swig I look at my companions and grin through the blood, mud and ash. "Tastes like victory."