Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[13 / 9 / ?]

No.14752090 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Character advice thread /tg/

So, I'm making a character for a pathfinder game. And, I've already got a good character idea in mind, but I keep coming up with cool ideas for characters.

Right now, I'm making a Shaitan Monk/Rogue (we're starting at lv 7 and the GM is cool with us playing monsters). Its all about Bull Rush, charge attacks, and sneak attack damage. Basically, I'm a "One Punch!" sorta character.

This idea is awesome and totally fun, but now I'm kinda getting a few ideas that are old 'tried and true' character concepts that I'm finding new angles on that sound fun.

One is a Half-Dragon, Giant, Serpent Folk that does the same thing as my Shaitan (except that I wouldn't have cool underground action stuff).
Basically, it forgoes cool spell-like abilities and bull rush for more AC and other options.

The other would be an archer of some sort (I'm thinking elf, maybe Giant elf) that is all about being an Arcane Archer with an animal companion that doubles as a mobile redoubt to hide me inside while I shoot arrows from inside a shielded bunker.
Animal Companion would be an Ankylosaur in full plate barding that I would put some sort of stand on so I could shoot off the top of him and get some cover.

Help me TG, I don't want to fall back on old tricks (I always play things with scales cause they have good stats/AC, or I use broken tech like mounts/barding/animal companions to super advantage)