Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[1 / 1 / ?]

No.14777870 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Ok fellow devou/tg/uardsmen GM of an RT campaign here and I have a question.

In my game the party was fighting off some demons that got on board when the tech-priest was an idiot and was playing around with the gellar field, while in the warp. Anyways, I randomly determined that they were plague bearers of nurgle (hence the pic) and pulled out a generic Tough 60 demon with a big ass sword.

Anyways, over the course of the fight, the void master took one of the plague ridden swords to the face, and had to burn fate to not die. Why he decided to charge a demon when all he had was a power sword I will never know, but not the point.

I had said void master roll toughness, mostly for my own amusement, and partly because, lets face it, plague bearers don't exactly clean their blades. The session ended shortly after, but here's my question: What effects should the various.... bugs the sword carried have on the void master? I don't want it to be exactly life threatening, as he already burned fate to NOT die, and I don't want him to have to burn it twice unless he's an idiot. But some amusing effect would be funny imo.

so, tl;dr, player has nurgle's rot, er something, what effect can it have short of killing him?