Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[5 / 2 / ?]

No.14781368 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Today I was playing MtG with my boyfriend, specifically with our Knights vs Dragons decks that we recently bought. I had dragons, he had knights. We played rock paper scissors for who went first. I won. We draw our 7, and lo and behold I have a potentially good hand. Only 1 land, but a mudbutton torchrunner, goblin fodder, a sorcery that grants 5 red mana and voracious dragon. The first turn is spent setting up land. Second turn he sends out a knight, I draw another mountain, and use goblin fodder for two 1/1 goblin tokens. Next turn he summons another knight and attacks with one. I don't block. The next couple turns go the same, me summoning goblins (luckily I drew more mountains, a skirk prospector, and some other goblin I don't remember.)

Finally I have everything set up. I spend the only mana I have to play seething song(I believe that is the card that gives 5 red mana) and summon my voracious dragon. I sacrifice all four of my goblins to beef that fucker up to 8/8. I'm so god damn proud of myself and I'm sure I'm going to rape those faggot knights. As I'm deciding which target I want to deal damage to from my dragon entering the battlefield, my boyfriend just gives me this smirk. That smirk. The "you're in for it now" smirk. The "I have the one card that can destroy everything you've worked so hard for" smirk.

I knew. He had Reprisal. And just like that, my dragon and everything I had planned for was crushed. The rest of the game was me just getting steamrolled, hoping for something good. My chances only dwindled when he summoned Silver Knight.

Once it was all said and done the only thing I could think was "I can't wait to post this on /tg/"