Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[33 / 15 / ?]

Battletech Fluff Thread

No.14782528 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Sup, /tg/. My friends have convinced me to start running a Battletech: Time of War game. I have all the most recent hardbacks, I'm familiar with the BT rules, and quickly learning the TOW rules. Seems like an okay system.
One problem: I'm not that familiar with the Battletech *setting*. I know the basics, and I played Mechwarrior 2, 3, and 4 way back when, but I'm not sure I've got enough of a grip to run the kind of game I want to.

I'm planning on setting the game in 3048, in the Federated Commonwealth, near the Lyran/DC border. The initial game will be a guerrilla war fought against a successful coup d'etat, young duke trying to regain his throne thing, leading (eventually) to the Clan Invasion of 3050.

Can you fa/tg/uys recommend some book set between the Fourth Succession Wars and the Clan Invasion? Specifically any dealing with Lyran/Draconis conflicts?

Also, Battletech General.