Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[44 / 3 / ?]

New Monk Feat 3.5

No.14783257 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Yo tg, so I'm starting a campaign soon and one of my players plays a monk sunder machine. Today he came up with the idea that he needs some kind of special monk trained attack. The idea was him jumping up and landing in a group of enemies, sundering the ground, dealing damage to them, making them prone, and stunning some of them. I worked with him and this is what I came up with. What do you think? (copy &pasted from a text document)

Stunning Meteor Strike
Preq of this feat: Str 15, Dex 15, Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist, Power Attack, Flying Kick, Power Lunge, Dodge, Mobility, Improved Sunder, BaB +8, Jump 14 ranks

Jump up high into the air and fly down with immense pressure like a meteor falling down to the earth.

Benefit: If you spend a stunning fist use for when you charge at least 20 feet and successfully Jump(DC 20) on a medium size creature, at least 5 feet higher than your enemies , Jump(DC 40) on a large creature and so on, you fly down hard to the ground dealing sunder damage to all enemies within reach of where you land vs Reflex saving throw (DC = sunder damge), half on a success. Those enemies that take damage fall prone. Spending an additional stunning fist use for each enemy, enemies make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Wis modifier), on failure those enemies become stunned as under the effect of Stunning Fist feat. Creatures Immune to stunning cannot be affected by this feat. You provoke attack of opportunity from creatures who threaten where you land.

calculated damage at level 12, str mod 3, power attack, flying kick, power lunge, stunning meteor strike

2d6+6+9+1d12 = min 18, max 39