Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[51 / 2 / ?]

A Matter of Scale

No.14784283 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
/tg/, I went through a little process today.

Out of curiosity, I tried to work out how many people and planets would exist - on estimate - in a Sector.

I decided, out of fairness and simplicity, to design my own Sector rather than to try and correlate all the data on one Sector that's been given in the plethora of novels, books and codices that have been released.

So, I decided we'd work on the Hecatomb Sector.

A Sector is made up of a selection of Sub-Sectors. The Gothic sector had seven, so I decided to go with 8.

Each Subsector is made up of a collection of star systems - Generally ranging from 7-12. I decided to roll 2d6+1 for each subsector.

Now, using the Extended Star System Generator that I saved from /tg/, I went about expanding on each of these Star Systems - the number of planets they had in their system, mainly.

Then, I dug out the ol' Dark Heresy Planet Generator 2.0 that I am so fond of.